What is Digital Design?
Digital Design is a fast growing market. More and more people are using digital products for DIY crafts and small business products. They are also being used for planning, creating websites, social media, marketing, and more. If you are interested in starting your own business, digital design is a great option. It is also a good idea to learn digital design if you use digital products in your current business.
What is a Digital Designer?
A digital designer is someone who creates and sells digital products, also known as a graphic artist or graphic designer.
What Exactly is a Digital Product?
A digital product is anything that can be sold virtually, typically from the internet. Examples of digital products include clipart graphics, fonts, cut files, sublimation designs, laser files, NFTs, printable designs, social media graphics, spreadsheets, digital planners, website templates, and more!
What Equipment is Needed to Begin Digital Designing?
You do not need a lot of equipment to begin digital designing. All you really need is a good computer, internet, a design software program, and a little creativity.
What Types of Products Do Digital Designers Sell?
The world of digital design is HUGE!! There are so many different paths you can take. Here is a list of some of the products that digital designers sell.
- Cutting machine files
- Sublimation Graphics
- T-shirt Designs
- Coffee Mug & Tumbler Designs
- Text Only Quote Designs
- Digital Paper / Backgrounds
- Wall Art Printables
- Cutting Board Designs
- Laser Machine Designs
- Social Media Graphics & Banners
- Greeting Cards
- Paper Crafts
- Business Cards
- Website Templates
- Email Templates
- Presentation Templates
- Teacher Worksheets
- Bulletin Board Decorations
- Door Hangers
- Scrapbook Sets
Reasons for Becoming a Digital Designer
- Be your own boss
- Set your own hours
- Earn a passive income
- Work as little or as much as you want
- Unlimited income potential
Digital products have many advantages that make them uniquely attractive to sell:
- Low overhead costs You don’t have to hold inventory or incur any shipping charges
- Extremely high profit margins There’s no recurring cost of goods, so you retain the majority of your sales in profits
- Potential to automate Orders can be delivered instantly, letting you be relatively hands-off with fulfillment.
- Flexible products You can offer products for free to build your email list. You can offer monthly paid subscriptions to access exclusive digital content. You could offer licenses to use your digital products. You have a lot of options as to how you incorporate digital products into your business.
Are you interested in becoming a Digital Designer?
Join my email list to be notified of new posts and classes that I will be offering where I spill all of my digital design secrets.