What is Digital Design?
Digital Design is a fast growing market. More and more people are using digital products for DIY crafts, for planning, for creating websites, for social media, marketing, and more. If you are interested in starting a business, digital design is a great route to take. It is also a good idea to learn digital design if you use digital products in your current business.
What is a Digital Designer?
A digital designer is someone who creates and sells digital products, also known as a digital artist or graphic designer. A digital product is anything that can be sold virtually, typically from the internet. Examples of digital products include clipart graphics, fonts, cut files, printable designs, social media graphics, spreadsheets, website templates, and more!
What Equipment is Needed to Begin Digital Designing?
You do not need a lot of equipment to begin digital designing. All you really need is a good computer, internet, a design software program, and a little creativity.
What Types of Products Do Digital Designers Sell?
The world of digital design is HUGE! There are so many different paths you can go. Here is a list of products that digital designers sell.
- Cutting machine files
- Sublimation Graphics
- Tshirt designs
- Text only designs
- Digital Paper / Digital Backgrounds
- Wall Art Printables
- Social Media Graphics & Banners
- Greeting Cards
- Printable Stickers
- Business Cards
- Website Templates
- Paper crafts
- Newsletter Templates
- Email Templates
- Presentation Templates
- Resume Templates
- Scrapbook Sets
- Pattern Filled Designs
Reasons For Becoming a Digital Designer:
- Be your own boss
- Set your own hours
- Earn a passive income
- Work as little or as much as you want to
- Unlimited income potential
Digital products have many advantages that make them uniquely attractive to sell:
- Low overhead costs You don’t have to hold inventory or incur any shipping costs.
- Extremely high-profit margins There’s no recurring cost of goods, so you retain the majority of your sales in profits.
- Potential to automate Orders can be delivered instantly, letting you be relatively hands-off with fulfillment.
- Flexible products You can offer products for free to build your email list, monthly paid subscriptions for access to exclusive digital content, or licenses to use your digital products. You have a lot of options as to how you incorporate digital products into your business.
Are you interested in becoming a Digital Designer?
I will have more posts coming soon…..and classes! 🙂